Saturday, November 28, 2009

♥ LIGHT UP ♥

Sounds Christmas-y doesn't it??? WELL IT'S NOT! Light up is when temples light up the trees. Because it's fall now, the trees are pretty fall colors, red, orange, yellow, etc. It is very pretty. So many people go and see the light up. Today I went to Kyoto with my friend Ryota and we walk around and went to a temple at night to see a light up :) Here are some pics!

SANY4822

Mountain with fall colors

SANY4829

SANY4830

Crowd of people from the front and behind us going up to Kiyomizudera

SANY4825

LOOK KANJIS! Can you read the pictures??? ;)

SANY4817

Sakura tree! But no sakura right now :(

SANY4814

Pretty tree :)

SANY4840

Pretty view going up to the temple

SANY4871

Light up in the zen garden

SANY4880

Light up with some SPIRITS =ooo!!!

SANY4915

A bunch of fall colors :)

Note: for light up, 1) wear comfy shoes, 2) get to the temple early unless you want to stand in an uber long line!, 3) don't forget your jacket if it's cold, 4) don't forget your camera!, 5) bring a good friend ♥

We met at 11 at school, got some lunch, then headed to Kyoto. We walked around for awhile, a long while, walking to many temples, including Kiyomizu... we didn't go in, but walked back to another temple to get in line for tickets for light up. This was like Disney World if you stretched the line for Splash Mountain! At least it moved fast. My feet were killing me from my boots, I kept trying to sit, but the line kept moving. The light up was pretty. I'm glad I got to see one!

Current status: tired!!!!!

0 comments: